Privacy and Cookies Policy
This document sets out the Privacy and Cookies Policy of Oilixia Skincare Limited (trading as oilixiaskincare.com) (“we”/”us” and “our”) and explains how we use your personal information (meaning any information about you which is personally identifiable such as your name, address, telephone number or email address and is generally referred to throughout this policy as “Your Information”) collected through www.oilixiaskincare.com (the “Website”).
This Privacy and Cookies Policy together with our Terms Of Website Use (LINK) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who are We?
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Oilixia Skincare Limited registered in England and Wales under company number 08867001 and our registered address is 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information:
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or information that you otherwise provide to us. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website (including your email address, name, address and/or telephone number) or requesting further information. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
What we do with the information we gather
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- for internal record keeping;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- if you do not want us to use your data in this way please update your marketing preferences by contacting us at [email protected];
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at:
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- recognise you when you return to our site
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system information and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The cookies that we use can be categorised as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Oilixiaskincare.com uses services from Google Analytics to record page views, navigation paths and other details of your visit so that we may improve the way our website operates.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
From time to time, oilixiaskincare.com may employ a third-party advertising services such as Channel Advisor or Doubleclick in order to target relevant adverts to you across their networks.
Oilixiaskincare.com also features integrated Social Media tools for services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest into oilixiaskincare.com to allow our users to share products and pages of the website with their friends. Each of these third-party services utilises cookies to record whether you are logged into their service and the interactions that you undertake while browsing oilixiaskincare.com.
Further resources for controlling third-party advertising services are available from: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the relevant setting in your browser. However, please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of oilixiaskincare.com
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose our personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- if Oilixia Skincare Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Oilixia Skincare Limited will be one of the transferred assets;
Links to other websites
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of personal data is important to us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve this Website. We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. All such changes will take effect once they have been posted on the site and you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes by your use of the site from time to time. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated on 10/11/2014.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or about any information we hold about you by emailing us at [email protected]. You can also send a letter by mail to: Oilixia Skincare Limited, 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at [email protected], oilixiaskincare.com, 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY. We may make a charge of £10 for this.
We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us at [email protected], oilixiaskincare.com, 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.
You have the right to ask us not to use Your Information for marketing purposes. To change your marketing preferences, or to unsubscribe, please contact us at [email protected].