Privacy and Cookies Policy
This document sets out the Privacy and Cookies Policy of Oilixia Skincare Limited (trading as Oilixia) (“we”/”us” and “our”) and explains how we use your information collected through www.oilixiaskincare.com (the “Website”).
This Privacy and Cookies Policy together with our Terms and Conditions sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We respect your privacy and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. Your use of our website, blog, or your entry in our competitions and other promotions and your submission of customer surveys constitute your acceptance of this Privacy and Cookies Policy and your consent to the practices it describes.
Who are We?
We are Oilixia Skincare Limited, registered in England and Wales under company number 08867001 and our registered address is 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information:
- Non-Personal Identifiable Information
- Personally Identifiable Information
Below we detail why we collect this information and what we may do with it.
Non-Personal Identifiable Information
When you visit the Website or use our applications, with the help of our third party authorised agents, we may collect certain anonymous information about your visit, including:
- when you browse the Website we may monitor statistics including but not limited to the number of people that visit the Website, peak hours of visits, from which domain our visitors come (e.g., aol.com, hotmail.com) and which browsers people use to visit the Website (e.g., Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer), geographical information, etc.
- we may also collect information about your browsing behaviour, such as the date and time you accessed the Website, the areas or pages of the Website that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the Website, the number of times you return to the Website and other click-stream data.
All of this information helps us to build a better experience for you.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information is any information about you as an individual, such as your name, address, telephone number, credit card number and billing information, email address, profile information and purchase history. Whether or not you provide your personally identifiable information to us is up to you, but if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to use some of our services.
Below are some examples of WHEN and WHY we may collect personally identifiable information from you.
- Purchases. When you place an order through the Website, we require that you provide your name, email, shipping/billing address, phone number, credit card number and its expiration date in order to process and track your order. We may also maintain a record of your product purchases. The information you provide is used to process your order and ensure it is delivered to you. We may also use purchase history to send you relevant emails if you have subscribed to receive our emails. We collect your email address and telephone number so we can let you know details about your order and when it has been shipped.
- Credit Card and Payment Details. Credit card and payment details are processed by Paypal or Stripe. We do not store your payment details.
- Klarna Payments: In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you. General information on Klarna you can find . Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in .
- Fulfillment. We sometimes use a third party to fulfill online orders which means your order details may be passed to this third party. These details include order number, name, email address, telephone number, billing address, shipping address, the contents and value of the order, the date and time the order was placed. This information is used to identify the best delivery method and to ensure your order is delivered to you as requested.
- Creating an Account. When you create an account on the Website, we ask for your full name and email address. We also ask you to create a password to access your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You do not need an account to make an online purchase, but you will need to create an account to use some of the other features on our website, such as to participate in the Review feature. Any information you submit in a user comment to be posted on our website (such as comments on our blog, reviews or comments, questions or answers), including any personally identifiable information, will not be treated as confidential and may be publicly disclosed.
- Sign-up for our newsletter. You can sign up on the Website or on a sign-up form to receive promotional emails from us. If you sign up to receive our emails, we will ask for your name and email address. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails from us, you can unsubscribe at the bottom of every email, or you can contact us at [email protected] and we can unsubscribe for you. Our mailing list is managed and securely stored by MailChimp.
- Feedback. If you contact us to give us feedback or ask questions about the Website or any products, we may store your communications, including any personally identifiable information you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us and, in each case, you have opted into receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within an email to unsubscribe from that specific email type
- by contacting us at [email protected]
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Oilixia for marketing purposes.
We also engage in online advertising, also to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we may target Oilixia banners and ads to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some Sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Custom Audience service.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of the Website or any Application (for example, your Website search history, and the content you read on the Website) or on Website banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
What is a Cookie?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device.
You can find more information about cookies at:
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern
- store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- recognise you when you return to our site
- we may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system information and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
The cookies that we use can be categorised as follows:
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of our Website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
Oilixiaskincare.com uses services from Google Analytics to record page views, navigation paths and other details of your visit so that we may improve the way our website operates.
Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
From time to time, oilixiaskincare.com may employ a third-party advertising services such as Google Ad Words, Google Doubleclick or Mail Chimp in order to target relevant adverts to you across their networks.
Oilixia also features integrated Social Media tools for services such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and Pinterest into Oilixia to allow our users to share products and pages of the website with their friends. Each of these third-party services utilises cookies to record whether you are logged into their service and the interactions that you undertake while browsing the Website.
Further resources for controlling third-party advertising services are available from: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/
Your continued use of our site constitutes your consent to accept these cookies and data collection, however, you can set your internet browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when a cookie is set. You should consult the Help section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. You may also find instructions on how to do this at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
If you leave cookies on, remember to log out when you have finished using a shared computer. If you wish to control the advertising you see online, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu
Disclosure of your information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at [email protected]
We do not sell, distribute or lease any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or purchase history, unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
When you share your data with Oilixia, you can trust that it will stay safe. However, we may share your data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of running our business:
- companies that do things to deliver your Oilixia items to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies.
- professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business.
- we may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it’s not identifiable.
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose our personal data to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets;
- if Oilixia Skincare Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Oilixia Skincare Limited will be one of the transferred assets;
Links to other websites
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The security of personal data is important to us. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable measures to ensure the security of your data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Data Subject Access Requests
We would gladly assist in any data subject access requests free of charge.
Data subject access requests must be made in writing and we advise emailing [email protected]ixiaskincare.com to ensure action is promptly taken.
Please include the following:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Details of the specific information you require and any relevant dates
- We may ask for further information to identify you and ensure the personal data relates to the individual making the request.
We will respond within one month of receiving the information we require to carry out your request.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are constantly looking for new ways to improve this Website. We may amend this Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. All such changes will take effect once they have been posted on the site and you will be deemed to have accepted any such changes by your use of the site from time to time. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last updated on 20th May 2018.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or about any information we hold about you by emailing us at [email protected]. You can also send a letter by mail to: Oilixia Skincare Limited, 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.
We want to make sure that Your Information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us at [email protected], oilixiaskincare.com, 74 Rivington Street, London, United Kingdom, EC2A 3AY.